A message from Attorney John A. Birdsall:
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
As a volunteer to the Mission for the past 6 years, I have personally witnessed many success stories of people whose lives have been turned around by the dedicated Mission staff. I hope you can join me on July 31, 2014 at 5:30 PM at The Wisconsin Club in support of one of the most important charitable organizations in our city.
– John A. Birdsall
All the donations go directly to the Rescue Mission and support various programs such as:
· 250 guest beds available for nightly use by homeless men in Milwaukee.
· The 12 Month Life Skills program that takes at-risk men off the street and gives them shelter, helping them to overcome chemical dependency, coordinating appropriate education, and help in securing gainful employment.
· The 6 Month FOCUS program to take graduates from the Life Skills program into a transitional phase that involves actual employment and debt repayment of more than $324,000 since 1997. An increase of almost 10% in the last 12 months.
· 100 mothers and children living at the Joy House that provides safe housing and a positive environment as they rebuild their lives from often difficult domestic situations.
· The Cross Trainers choice school that provides high-quality education from kindergarten through 7th graders.